So Valentine’s, huh? We sure love chocolates, flowers and lovely jewellery but if we have to choose a present we choose travelling. A short getaway, a long weekend… that is always our favourite surprise. We have prepared three Wanderlust posts to give you some ideas for next Valentine’s. Avoid pink, little hearts and sticky candy. Pack your bags and go! First destination: Porto.
The yeatman could be the perfect headquarters to explore the city. With possibly the best views of the city and a Caudalie wine spa, this hotel reflects the easy charm of one of Portugal’s most beautiful cities.
– Visit Mercado Ferreira Borges (Hard Club, Praça do Infante) and Mercado do Bolhão (Rua Formosa). Both have been renovated with different results: the first one is perfect for those searching hip events and cool shopping and the second one is a traditional market where you can buy sardines and remember old times.
– Attend a concert at Casa da Música (Avenida da Boavista), the most important concert hall in Porto. The building itself is worth a visit!
– You can’t forget wine, of course. Guided tours of different cellars, wine tastings… You can choose from a great range of activities here.
– Try the Francesinha a sandwich with ham, beef, sausage, cheese and a warm tomato-beer sauce.
– After the Francesinha, take a walk alongside the Douro.
PS: Stay tuned for tomorrow’s post with our second destination!