I want a peacoat. I love classic basic pieces so I don’t know why I don’t own a peacoat, when it is the quintessential classic basic. I love the tomboy vibe, I love navy and I love the British Autumn vibes that it transmits. It’s casual but it can be a great addition to your working wardrobe. It’s versatile and timeless. Now I that I think about it, I don’t want it, now I think I need it! Browsing through my favorite online shops I’ve discovered a few beautiful options, if you’d like to see… Continue reading
Jenna Lyons is our ultimate style icon so her style tips and recommendations are our wardrobe Bible. Yesterday we were browsing the JCrew page (as usual) and we found her selection of classic pieces. We weren’t surprised: timeless basic items that we all can wear, no matter where we live our what we do. She included the following staples in her list and we thought it would be fun to share and find out which classics should we own:
– The navy suit: checked! We have a couple of navy suits by The Kooples. Not your average suit maybe… but they are lovely.
– The blazer: checked! We have the classic black version, the navy version, the red version and even a striped version. We’ve been looking for a white version for a while now but it’s a difficult task. White fabrics are naughty.
– The jean jacket: checked! We have a very old jacket that we would love to call vintage, but it would be stupid. It’s simply old.
– The red lip: checked! While P. is not a fan, I’d say it’s one of my signature looks. Maybe I should do a post about my red lipstick collection…
– The stripe shirt: checked! Our favorite stripe shirts are these ones from COS.
– The tote: oh – oh. We need a good classic tote. This one from JCrew is fantastic.
– The V-neck tee: checked! We are crazy about the Jacksonville tee by American Vintage.
– The strappy sandal: checked! Sadly, we don’t get much wear out of these. German weather. Ugh!
– The cashmere tee: too high mantenance for us. We know it’s an investment piece but we hate hand washing.
– The white sneaker: checked! We love our custon made Stan Smiths, we struggle with white Supergas and we’ve bought a fair amount of white Converses in the last years.
– The broken – in chino: Dear Jenna, we’ll have to agree to desagree on this one.
– The button-down shirt: checked! We can’t live without a white shirt. Cos has great basic white shirts with a twist. I’ll admit that I have a soft spot for light blue shirts, though.
– The boyfriend jean: checked! Lazy dressers like us have at least couple of boyfriend jeans in their wardrobes.
We’ll add three more items to the list: a nice pair of black pants, a pointy mid heel black shoe and a grey sweater. What about you? How many classics have you checked?
So, we’ve shared with you some beautiful party dresses and the sexiest shoes to get you ready for your Christmas parties. But since we have no social live and we love the granny lifestyle, today we want to show you a more accurate version of our holiday wardrobe:
1. A fluffly soft robe. This is essential to keep you warm and hide your I’ve had chocolate for breakfast belly.
3. A natural remedy to get a better sleep. Because after spending ten hours on the sofa, the bed doesn’t look that appealing.
4. JCrew flannel pajamas. The tartan version is also on our wishlist. Have you heard, Santa????
5. The perfect lounge pants. Relaxed, soft, baggy… plus elasticated waistband.
6. A cute pair of slippers. Shoes are key in every outfit. Always.
7. The best candle for a Christmassy atmosphere. It does count as an accessory.
8. And more cute slippers because we couldn’t choose just one pair.
And they’ve done it again. A gorgeous collection that just makes us want to forget any other brand and wear only JCrew. Always and forever. Ok, fine… maybe we are exaggerating a little bit but those looks? Stunning! For once, we are really happy about the crappy German weather. We can wear Autumn clothes again! And, according to JCrew, they will be grey.
How cool are those bermudas? (And that’s a sentence I never thought I would say….)
I’ve always liked to match my lipstick and my nail polish. The towels in my bathroom have the exact same shade as the blue tiles on the wall. The pillows on my sofa have to match the rug under the dining room table….What can I say? I love symmetry. So now that matchy-matchy outfits are back and coordinated bags and shoes are fashionable again, I just can’t be happier. Here you have my Summer coordinates picks amongs the lovely selection of JCrew.
From tan leather to stripe fabrics, coordinated bags and shoes always give your look a more polished finish. I know, I know, this is not exactly avant-garde, but it looks pretty and it’s easy to wear. You don’t have to struggle mixing prints or colours! For a lazy dresser like me, this trend ticks all the right boxes.
This week is a joyful one: Summer begins and brings the sales with it! Even though we live in a neverending Autumn/Winter season, we always get excited with sales. It doesn’t matter that we don’t need sandals or light dresses. But! Since we are pragmatic (or maybe boring?), we try to look for basic timeless pieces. These are on our wishlist:
1. A girly dress: Isn’t this colour wonderful? I’m sure it looks gorgeous with a sunkissed skin. They also have it in black, which is also beautiful.
2. A white blazer: I’ve been looking for a white blazer and this one is fantastic. I love the classic cut and the faux snakeskin leather collar. It makes it different but still wearable.
3. Statement earrings: I usually wear tiny earrings but these ones are so fun and Summerish that I love them. I probably would feel a little bit Carmen Miranda wearing them, but still.
4. This dress/shirt is sold out online. But I have to find it! I’ve seen it in lots of magazines and blogs but I don’t care if everyone wears it. I want it too!
5. A basic white shirt: plain and simple. If this is not a basic timeless piece I don’t know what it is.
To be honest, we usually fell for pieces that are not on sale and we end up coming back home with a bag of new season items. Does that happen to you to? These next two pieces would be those not on sale finds that we would take home with us anyway.
6. The best camera bag: because we hate all those huge backpacks to carry our camera with us. This one is pretty, huh?
7. Leather espadrilles: this is a little bit of a splurge. But aren’t they beautiful? And basic? And timeless?
JCrew has presented its new collaboration with the British designer Sophia Webster and we just love it. We love it because it’s JCrew and you all know we have a soft spot for JCrew. And we love it because after seeing those terrible ugly shoes everywhere, it’s refreshing to come across a selection of girly, beautiful shoes.
Our favourite ones are Pippa and Poppy (we love the names too, by the way). Nicole has the cutest print, though. And the polka dots of Anneka and Penelope are adorable and sexy at the same time.
They woul look lovely with boyfriend jeans an a basic tee, but I can see them with a little black dress too. They are the perfect statement shoes to dress up any basic outfit. If you want them you’d better hurry up! They are almost sold out!
What do you think? Aren’t they beautiful?
The past weekend was amazing weather-wise. On Saturday we could visit the farmers market without our umbrellas and we even took a really long walk in the woods on Sunday morning. We know this is just an illusion of Spring ( that will arrive… eventually), but we can’t help but dreaming about warmer nights, longer days and sipping drinks al fresco. And for that you need new shoes. Everybody knows that.
This season we would love to wear metallic silver shoes. They go with absolutely everything and they add a nice sparkle even to your more casual outfits.
1. Leather pumps by Zara. These are extra uncomfortable. I’m sure about that. But they would be the perfect addition to your working wardrobe this Spring.
2, 3 & 4. JCrew always gets it right. Even more in the shoe department. I love these three pairs. I couldn’t choose just one. Maybe number 3?
5. Cute shoes for cute dresses by Asos. I think Alexa Chung would love these.
6. And how cool are these loafers?
We all want Spring to be around the corner (check our Instagram and you’ll see a suspicious amount of flower pictures), but the truth is that we still have a couple of months of Winter left. At least in the North of Europe, where we live. That’s why I’m still thinking about adding a couple of nice and timeless pieces to my Winter wardrobe.
I love trends, but I just can’t help but leaning towards basic and classic pieces. This Winter I’ve been looking for a nice camel coat and some comfortable pointy pumps to add a little bit of sobriety and temperance to my closet. They are perfect for work, they can be dressed up or down and they make you look like a million dollars.
1. Masculine camel coat by Joseph. Over the shoulders tren anyone?
2. Cashmere boyfriend sweater by JCrew. It just goes with everything.
3. The most beautiful camel coat by Max Mara. I’m in love!
4. Cute Kitten heel pumps by Zara.
5. Leo print pointy pumps by JCrew. Perfection
6. Black pumps by Gianvito Rossi. The epitome of the investment piece.