Staying in a beautiful hotel is a wonderful experience. We have been lucky enough to stay in some wonderful boutique hotels but there is always room for improvement. These are 5 things we would love to find in every single hotel:
- Milk and cookies in the room service menu. This should be absolutely mandatory. How many times have you arrived at a lovely hotel late at night, exhausted yet a little bit peckish and all you wanted was a nice comforting glass of milk and cookies before crawling into bed? Never? Oh well, we have experienced that craving lots of times. Milk and cookies is just the perfect midnight snack and I’m sure lots of guests will appreciate it!
- A little courtesy room for that ackward moment when you pick your luggage after making the most of your last morning in your destination and want to rearrange your suitcases. Sometimes you have to do it in the middle of the lobby and it’s not gracious, to say the least. We remember a particularly embarrasing moment when we had to squeeze two HUGE Selfridges bags into our trolleys in the lobby of our beloved Mandeville Hotel in London. Not nice, not nice… Let’s say that even the Concierge was embarrased. In our defense: what else can you do on your last couple of hours a Monday morning in London? Shopping!
- A clear breakfast menu: early morning after a great night sleep. You are feeling super hungry and head to that wonderful hotel breakfast. You are excited to try every single thing but have a shy look (because we all get shy in moments like these), pick a few things and look for a nice little table. You feel like the American movie nerd in the high school cafeteria. Then you start seeing wonderful eggs benedict flying to other tables. After a while you see that your neighbour is sipping a foamy capuccino. Why hasn’t anybody told you that you could ask for egg benedicts and drink sophisticated coffe!!!??? You are sleepy and you need everything clearly stated!!!
- More and better located bathroom hangers: what do you do when you don’t want to keep your towels (because after all you care for the environment) but there are simply no hangers to tidily hang your towels? And if there are any hangers, why are they on the opposite side of the bathroom far far away from the shower?
- Free Wi-Fi. I mean, 2015… and you still charge for Wi-Fi???
What about you? Is there anything you’d like to add?
Hotel de las Letras is elegant, quiet and memorable. Just like a good book. It’s an space devoted to words, with quotes on the walls by famous writers and poets, so the sober atmosphere almost reminds the guests of a library. A very comfortable, kind of hip library, that is. Continue reading
A few days ago we read this article in the Spanish edition of Conde Nast Traveller. It talks about the new trends in luxury travel. And it all goes down to subtle exclusivity. And we can’t agree more. Even though most of the hotels, destinations and experiences featured on the article were quite expensive, we believe that in order to have a truly luxurious experience you don’t need that much. It’s the location, the detail, the adventure, the feelings … not the price tag. Well, we are not going to lie: when travelling we look for the finest hotels, restaurants and experiences we can afford, but most of the time you don’t need an exclusive resort to feel something truly special. Continue reading
A little bit late, but here you have our December favorites! Starting with one of the presents St. Nikolaus brought me. A new breakfast set from Villeroy & Boch. Of course, we celebrated the arrival of the breakfast set with scrambled eggs and huge coffes. And posted a picture on Instagram. Obviously. Continue reading
Last weekend we stayed in the Hotel V Frederiksplein during our spontaneous Amsterdam getaway. And it was fantastic. Continue reading
Time flies. It’s been almost a month since we visited Madrid! Sometimes we miss this city terribly, that’s why when we come back we never know wether to visit new shops, restaurants, etc, or come back to our usual favourites. Well, this time we stopped for a coffee in our favourite café, we had lunch in our favourite market and stayed in a new hotel that we wanted to check for a long time. Here you have some tips and pictures, if you’d like to see…
So, yes, this week the blog is all about lists. But this is going to be the last one! What can I say? I love making lists! Anyway, have you ever dream about sleeping inside a cave in Capadoccia? Have you ever thought about renting a house on a tree to spend your holidays? And how cool would be calling a vintage Airstream trailer your home for a few days? Here you have some unusual sleeping spots that will deserve a journey on its own!
Thanks to Mediteranique, we’ve been virtually touring the Mediteranean sea during the last couple of months. After Forte dei Marmi, Santorini, Istanbul and Mallorca, our trip comes to an end in one of the most desirable Mediterranean destinations: Côte D’Azur. Welcome to the Royal Mougins Hotel, Golf club and Spa.
Europe is a small continent that has a lot to offer. From ancient cities to postcard perfect beaches, there’s something for everyone. If you follow us by now you should know that we love discovering new corners of our continent. That is why we want to share with you seven beautiful destinations to explore the most charming Europe. This is the first installment of a new series: a charming Summer. We will show you enchanting little towns, small boutique hotels and delicious local restaurants.
Mallorca is special for us as we got married in this beautiful island, that’s why we have chosen it as our next destination with Mediteranique. This week we want to recommend you the Son Brull Hotel & Spa. Continue reading