Do you remember that yesterday we told you we looked for shelter in Selfridges? Well, it wasn’t pure chance… I may have fooled P. to come with me to the Charlotte Tilbury corner. I just wanted to have a look, you know, just for fun… And then this happened. Continue reading
The search is over. Thanks to a friend of mine that travelled to the States a few weeks ago I’m finally the proud owner of a Lorac Pro Eye Shadow Palette. And I can’t be happier. It’s absolutely beautiful: eight shimmer and eight matte eye shadows that make me wonder if I ‘ll ever buy any other eye shadow again. Let’s have a closer look…
I’ve been trying more beauty products lately. I used to be absolutely faithful to a couple of brands, but since I’m addicted to lots of beauty channels in You Tube now, I’m discovering a whole new world. And I’m loving it. Here you have a few new products that I’ve been loving lately:
This Summer I bought the Body Shop Chocomania Body Butter in a railway station. Am I the only one who buys most of her beauty products in transit? Airports, railway stations, duty free or not… I don’t care. Anyway, I used to love Body Shop during college but since then I think I ‘ve never used any of their products ever again. Well, after listening to lots of Youtubers claiming that Body Shop body butter was the bomb I decided I should give it another chance. Do you know that they have a gazillion versions now? When I was in college there were the olive oil, coconut and almond body butters, I think. That was it. Well, now you can choose between every fruit imaginable!!! But I chose chocolate. Because if I can choose, I always choose chocolate. That’s my moto in life. The truth is that this is the closest you’ll ever been to become a chocolate bar. It really smells like chocolate and it’s just as nourishing. It leaves your skin super soft, a tad shiny (but in a good way) and it was perfect after that glorious shower that makes Summer nights a little bit better. You know, that moment when you finally get rid of the sand and you decide to let you hair wet and just go out to have some delicious dinner. I liked it so much, that I will be using it again in Autumn.
The lipstick pictured is the Maybelline Color Sensational in Precious Beige. I wanted something like that since I saw this video. I love a good eye liner and this lipstick is the best partner for a 60s look. Well, basically I try to copy the look from the video. The result… well, I’m getting there. I think it gives the sensation of fuller lips and has a beautiful slightly glittery finish. So 60s.
Anna, from Vivianna does make Up , convinced me with her pretty videos that I needed the Clinique Chubby Stick Shadows in Fuller Fudge and Ample Amber. They are super easy to apply (I just draw a line and smudge it with my fingers) and I get pretty nice natural brownish smoky eyes. They have been my absolute favorites lately. The last product today is the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla. That was Anna’s fault too. Here I have to say that for me nothing compares to Yves Saint Laurent Touch Éclat. That is my favourite beauty product of all times. But I was curious about this concealer. Mostly because some times you need something with more coverage. Well, if coverage is what you want, this is for you. I use just a tiny amount and blend, blend, blend. I don’t wear it on a daily basis, though, but when I want to bring the big guns (and leave the dark circles under my eyes at home) this is what I’ve been using.
What about you? Any new beauty products? Do you buy things because you see them in others and like them? Are you addicted to beauty channels too?
Contrary to most people, I love removing my make up. I really enjoy that moment when my face feel fresh and clean again after a long day. That relaxation, that moment when I am just me, comfy at home, in my pijamas. My face finally breaths and so does my skin. The stress goes away with the mascara. After that it’s all fluffly bed, a good reading and sweet dreams. It’s a ritual that I never miss. Lately I’ve been using these two products and they have made this bedtime routine even more pleasant. The Pure Melt Cleansing Gel is really smooth and gentle with my skin. This gel turns into an oily formula on the skin, but don’t panic! It doesn’t leave that greasy sensation, quite the opposite. After the gel, I’ve been using the Capital Lumière Night Cream, a luxurious rich formula that restores luminosity. Since glowy skin is my beauty mantra lately, this seemed the most appropriate solution for my night skincare. It smells amazing, it leaves my skin super nourished and makes me go to bed with the promise of a “lit from within” glow by morning. Talking about sweet dreams…
I love this brand just because of the packaging. Don’t you think it’s gorgeous? These are the new additions to the Marc Jacobs beauty line. They say it’s luxury reinvented and judging by the wonderful reviews on the beauty channels, it has to be true. Of course I want it all. I have to admit that I’ve been a little obsessed with make up lately but those Kiss Pop lip colour sticks are so cute and bold! And I want all the shades of those Twinkle Pop eye sticks. All of them. Besides, don’t you think they are really compact and perfect for travelling?
They are a little bit difficult to find, but you can buy them online here. And watch all the little videos where Marc Jacobs himself explains something abut each product! What a touch!
PS: don’t get me started on the beautiful (and limited edition) nail polishes!
We’ve been using these products over and over again for the last month, so we might as well share them with you because they are absolutely fantastic. We are not beauty experts but, from not beauty expert to another… do you want to have a look? Continue reading
It’s been a long time since I wanted to publish this post. Don’t you love make up youtoubers? Watching make up tutorials in You Tube is one of my guilty pleasures. I find it oddly relaxing! besides you can always learnt one thing or two. These are my favourite make up gurus:
1. Michelle Phan: she was the first person I watched in You Tube. I don’t know how I got to her channel, probably through some blog. Anyway, she has evolved a lot and has created her own make up brand. Some of her videos now are crazy and involve Manga characters, but she shares thousands of useful tips and she is sweet.
2. Vivianna does make up: she has that girl next door vibe going on and I love it. I think we could be besties. She is fun, normal and does weekly vlogs that I can’t stop watching (which makes me feel like a stalker, to be honest). Anyway, I love her channel.
3. Lisa Eldridge: She is the queen of make up. She works with celebrities and magazines, this is another level. She makes everything looks so easy and doable… that I just feel the need to buy all the products she uses. Now I’m absolutely obsessed with her last tutorial with Alexa Chung.
What about you? Do you also find make up tutorials totally hypnotic? Any You Tube channels we should be aware of?
Image via Garance Dore
Tomorrow we are flying back home for Christmas and we couldn’t be more excited. Our suitcases are almost finished, the only thing that we haven’t prepared is our make up bag. Here you have some products that we are taking with us… and some others that we wish we could add last minute to look our best this Christmas:
1. Adult Content Blush Palette by NARS. This is a limited edition with the four iconic NARS blush and highlighting blush shades. I’m hoping to get hold of it in Spain, since they don’t sell NARS products here.
2. Le Teint Touche Èclat: my favourite foundation to achieve glowing skin.
3. No 7 Skin Illuminator Fluid: perfect to add that extra yet subtle glow without being too shimmery.
4. Ombres Matelassées: limited edition eyeshadow palette by Chanel with the most beautiful colours to get several effects, from the glamourous shimmer to the matte finish. This is what I’ll be looking for at the duty free tomorrow!
5. The Porefessional by Benefit. I use it every day. With or without make up. It’s just genius!
6. After school boy blazer by Essie. I love this nail polish brand. The quality is amazing and the colours are beautiful. This one is my new obsession.
7. The new Naked palette by Urban Decay. Who doesn’t want it? This edition is perfect for rosie young looks.
8. Helthy Mix Serum by Bourjois. This foundation will resist all the festivities with a great finish and moisturise my skin while doing so.
9. My favourite eyeliner ever. The Long-Lasting 12HR Wear Eye Liner. The easiest way to achieve the perfect cat eye. And it really is long-lasting. I promise.
10. Recently I posted a great holiday makeup tutorial on our Facebook. The star of it was this intense gold eyeshadow.
11. I want my skin to glow, but not to shine. That is why I treasure my Mineral Veil by Bare Minerals. It gives my skin a velvety touch.
12. There is no Christmas without a beautiful fancy lipstick. The new Diorific collection has great strong shades. DIVA is my favourite
13. Secret Camouflage by Laura Mercier to conceal imperfections. Fantastic for sensitive skin.
14. Even though I’ve been more adventorous lately, I always go for classic red nail polish when I have any event, party or celebration. Opi has great red shades.
15. My mom gave me this mascara for my birthday and I love it. It really gives you super long and full eyelashes. I’ve been using it non-stop since October.
16. I’ve never used a bronzer even though I’m really pale and my face is super round. It’s about time, right? I will try to contour my face with this classic by Bourjois.
Lots of products, I know. Do you understand why our beauty bag is always the heaviest item of our suitcase?
We usually don’t wear foundation. On a daily basis we really like to sleep a little bit more, have a nice shower and a good breakfast before heading to work. That’s why we like to keep our make up simple and fresh. Yes, we are great fans of the “no make up” make up. We discovered L’Oreal Nude Magique BB Cream by pure chance but we loved it the minute we tryed it. It makes your skin looks FLAWLESS. Really, it’s way better that other pricey BB creams and light foundations. And it’s super easy to apply! It gives you an amazing natural glow.
After a year enjoying its benefits we were really happy to try the brand new products of the Nude Magique line: the BB Powder and the BB Blush. And we weren’t disappointed at all! The blush has a velvety texture that we just love and, again, it’s very easy to apply. You can start with a little amount and work from there to get the perfect light flushed-by-crispy-Autumn-air cheeks. The powder is great too. I have quite dry skin and powder just wasn’t and option in my make up bag. Until now. So light that you won’t barely notice it on your skin, but you surely will notice it on the image of the mirrow. The ideal finish to that “no make up” make up. Quick, easy… yet flawless.
My mother knows me well, that’s why she gave me these amazing new make up products from Clarins in my birthday. To be honest, I’ve just tested the Eclat Minute Embellisseur Lèvres and I couldn’t love it more. You can use it as a primer before you apply your lipstick or just by itself. I prefer the latter. The shade my mother got me was apricot shimmer and it’s just the perfect lip colour for a smoky eye look. It gaves that juicy texture that combines beautifully with a dark matte eye. I’m looking forward to trying the Be Long mascara, which I’m sure it will take my eyelashes to another level.
And now that the party season is around the corner, this palette is going to complement my most festive looks. Since my eyes are boring brown, these violet shades will add a little bit of sparkle, don’t you think? Oh, and by the way, now that I’ve had a look at Clarins’ website, I need this desperately!
You can check my Clarins-mania here :)