A couple of weeks ago we were strolling around Viertel, the cool area of Bremen, when we decided to have a look in one of the shops. We usually don’t go shopping in this neighbourhood because everything is so indie and cool that we just don’t feel comfortable. But! You never know what you are going to find, huh? And we did find something we like! We discovered Imperial, an Italian brand that has a bunch of beautiful dresses for the party season. The best thing is that they have a nice little number for every kind of woman:
1. The minimalistic scandi design lover will love this trapeze dress: muted pastel colours, subtle silver shimmer and a very simple cut.
2. The boho girl can find her perfect outfit mixing this long lace dress with a faux fur jacket and a pair of embellished boots.
3. Do you like retro vibes? Look no further! This beautiful black dress will look espectacular on you. Add a pair of black pumps, Veronica Lake hair and a touch of red lipstick and you will be the queen of New Year’s Eve.
4. For the sweet girls out there (or those who want to look sweet and girly) this skater dress is perfect. Besides, the waist cut and full skirt are really flattering.
Not your cup of tea? Well, maybe you like this white embellished dress, this flower print Dolce & Gabanna clearly inspired dress or this dramatic black stravaganza.
We’ve been collaborating with Antonio Bayona since 2012 and we always get super excited everytime their launch a new line. Today we can finally share with you their fabulous new collection. And oh it’s pretty! Tiny dainty handmade jewellery inspired by geometry. Disclaimer: after reading this post you will feel the urge to buy one of these pieces. Just saying. But scroll down to know how to get a 15% off ;)
We are struggling here. We don’t want to start talking about Christmas yet, but look what arrived to our mailbox today: The new collection of Hoss Intropia, perfect for a casual, relaxed but really fancy Christmas. Continue reading
We hate Madewell because it only ships to USA, Canada and Japan. We feel abandoned. But we realy love their clothes. Specially this season. They have collaborated with the French brand Sèzane to create a beautiful collection inspired by Paris street life, with a touch of sexy tomboy attitude and the right amount of casual American vibes. The result is an understated mix between Paris and New York.
A couple of weeks ago we made a terrible mistake. We spent an hour in the Max Mara shop in Hamburg. Bad. Very bad. We were looking for our beloved Rialto Coat, you know, just for fun. We wanted to try it on, secretly hoping it wouldn’t fit because, frankly, i’ts quite expensive. But a whole new world of exquisite coats appeared in front of our eyes. Delightfully soft fabrics, flawless cuts, superb yet sober design… Lots of coats to add to our wish lists. See? Bad, very very bad idea. Continue reading
I’ve always wondered how people live without a nice good old backpack. We absolutely can’t. Even though we sometimes think it’s about time to leave them behind, we go back to them looking for comfort, practicality and that casual vibe that we love. When travelling we always ask for those three attributes, so backpacks are a must. Besides, they make you look younger. It’s a fact. (My birthday was last week, so I’m quite sensitive about aging lately, sorry ;)
But we care about design, obviously. We love beautiful accessories, even backpacks. And well, who doesn’t know these cute square bags? They are all over the place now. You can blame hipsters… or you can just admit that they are pretty cool (the two adjectives we were fishing for!), because they are. Did you know they were originally design in 1978 for Swedish school children? Those Scandinavians are always so trendy… And did you know that Fjäll Raven has other collections of day packs that are equally awesome? We have chosen our favourites (those Autumn colours!) and put together a little selection for you on the picture above. They also have a fantastic tote, which I can imagine would be wonderful for mummies who travel and even a day pack that doubles as a chair!!!! How amazing is that? After spending six hours last Sunday standing in a terrible German train (thanks, railway strike!) I can see how convenient that could be.
We already have our look for our Autumn adventures: boyfriend jeans, white sneakers, a cashmere sweater and one of these backpacks. Which one would you choose?
PS: This post was sponsored by Fjäll Raven. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that make The slow pace possible.
Did you see this post yesterday? After taking some pictures of that bag, we thought: how come we never speak about Hakei on the blog when it’s one of our favourite brands? So today we want to share with you their new Autumn looks! And please do notice the bags!!! Continue reading
Well, this post should have been called P. needs it, I already have it. A couple of years ago I bought a beautiful Burberry trench with leather details that became immediately my favourite piece. I wear it basically everyday in Autumn. It’s one of the first things I’d save if there was a fire in my house. That’s how much I love it. Lately, we have been looking for a trench that suits P. This is our selection:
1. The classic Burberry trench, of course. It’s obviously an investment, but it’s worth every cent. It’s timeless, it enhaces every silhouette and makes you look like a million dollar. Even if you wear it with jeans and Converse.
2. This light trench could be another option. It has a minimalistic vibe that makes it really cool. The light color is really nice too.
3. P’s favourite. We saw it the other day in a store in Hamburg and it triggered the search of the perfect trench. We both know this is the one she wants, but let’s keep looking…
4. A flowy trenchcoat. Zara always offers its take on trends and classics. This version seems to be borrowed from the boys and has camouflage lining.
5. This relaxed, casual little number would be perfect for everyday working looks.
But again, I know she wants number 3. Which one is your favourite?
Quick afternoon post to stop for a minute and admire the gorgeous dresses Chloé presented recently at Paris Fashion Week. More images after the jump!
We love hats, but we almost never wear them. We told you before: we are lazy dressers. Plus I’m a bit paranoic and I’m always thinking that my hat will fly away as soon as I go out the door. Wind is always an issue here. Very convenient for sustainable energy strategies, but really annoying for fashionable ones. Anyway, since I’m determined to make an effort this season and step out of my confort zone I’ve been browsing the Internet looking for the perfect hat to dress up my Autumn looks. I will blue-tack it to my head if necessary. See? I’m determined. These are the candidates:
1. This hat reminds me of young Sissi, Empress Elisabeth of Austria. I used to love those films when I was a child. I always wanted to look like Romy Schneider. The beautiful montains in Bayern, crispy air, rosy cheeks and gorgeous little hats. Pretty expensive, though.
2. Since I’m all for monochromatic looks this season, this hat could be a key basic piece to upgrade my looks. Besides, it has an Italian ganster vibe, don’t you think?
3. The investment piece. This is a classic. It can’t get better than that.
4. I find this color very flattering and it could be the perfect twist for an all black outfit, no? A little bit floppy, it has a nice 70’s feeling to it.
5. This beauty could be my favourite. I saw it in a magazine and I can’t stop thinking about it.
6. Zara is always a good place to look for affordable fashionable accessories. This navy hat is really pretty and looks way more expensive than it is.
Which one is your favourite? Do you wear hats? If you live in a cold country like us beanies don’t count. They are not a fashion matter, they are essential for survival!