We love Instagram. It’s a great place to be creative and admire other people’s creativity. (It is also a fantastic excuse for gossiping, but we won’t mention that, ehem). It was thanks to Instagram that we get to know Nicole’s work. She is an illustrator who lives in New York and makes the cutest cards.
The slow pace turns two years old today!!! Our blog is a toddler!!! We are really proud of this little space of ours. During this time we’ve learnt a lot and, what is more important, we’ve realized that we want and need to learn more, see more, write more, take more pictures… More, more, more!!!
We have big plans for The slow pace. We wanted it to grow slowly, carefully and happily. And that is happening every day. But we still have lots of work to do! We are determined to improve our content, our pictures and our browsing experience. We are preparing a very nice Summer travel series, we will be focusing a little bit more in decor and home entertainment, we will look for the coolest fashion brands and we will try to attend more courses and meetings to take The slow pace to another level.
We really hope to see you around every day and keep in touch via our social media!
P. & E.
Image via Zucker, Zimt und Liebe.
Only Wednesday? Oh my! This week is neverending and super tough! We are struggling both work-wise (going back to work after more than two weeks of holidays is always a nightmare) and health-wise. The flu has hitted our little home, snif! But we have to get better because next weeks we are flying to London!
With this situation leaving home every morning is not easy. That is why I try to get motivated with music. It always helps, right? These are my top 3 let’s-kick-ass-(but-politely)-and-have-the-best-time-possible songs of the moment.
None of them is the kind of song that makes you feel like Beyonce while walking to work, but they are positive and, well, basically happy songs! So if you are having a hard time lately, you should listen to them!
Any other let’s-kick-ass-(but-politely)-and-have-the-best-time-possible songs I should be aware of?
Merry Christmas! We hope you are enjoying the holidays with your family and friends! That’s what we are doing and planning to do in the following days, so we have decided to take a little break from blogging. Anyway, we will keep you updated on Twitter and Instagram!
Lots of love from our family to yours! We wish you the best of times surrounded by your loved ones.
PS: see you next week! And remember that you can get a 5% off in the most fantastic pieces of the AB jewelery line until Monday with the code TSP2013!
Image via Julep
Today we share with you the last chapter of this year’s gift guide. And it’s dedicated to the little ones. We’ve put together a few items that would be great for kids… and for us too. I mean: how amazing are the Superman pyjamas and the baking kit?
1. This kit would be perfect for little bakers. It has all you need to make cookies even more delicious.
2. I used to love Walkie Talkies when I was a kid. These ones are super cool, right? Perfect for adventures in the garden!
3. Pyjamas with super powers to fight nightmares.
4. These personalised hairbrushes are a very special gift that kids will treasure when they grow up. The brush quality is a mixture of pure boar bristle and nylon or pure bristle. The pure bristle is perfect as a first hairbrush or for children with very fine hair.
5. Warm koala slipper boots for those tiny feet.
6. A Barbie. A ballerina Barbie, to be exact. Barbie is not the best role model, I know. But almost every little girl wants a pink Barbie who dances. Pink + Barbie + ballerina. That is everything.
Today we want to give you some ideas to get the perfect present for those lovely couples in your life. Sometimes two of your friends or two of your family members come as a pack: your cousin and his lovely girlfriend, those friends who are together since the beginning of times, your parents… Why not giving them a present that suits both of them?
1 & 2: two lovely sweaters for those cosy afternoons they love to spend at their favourite cafe. You can get these at The Kooples.
3 & 4: music or DVD box sets. Which couple doesn’t like cuddling up in the sofa while enjoying their favourite music or film? You can go for the classics: Beatles or James Bond.
5 & 6: Cooking and travelling together are the most popular hobbies for couples, so these books would be a great gift. Yesterday we shared a recipe of this book,Nigella Express, so you already know that we love it. And every traveller or foodie couple would love this book.
And since couples usually share a nest, help them to make theirs prettier!
1. A beautiful mirrow to light up their entry way.
2. A new old classic: the perfect armchair.
3. The most exquisite scents in this beautiful holiday coffret.
4. What about some little coffee cups? Perfect for Christmas breakfasts!
5. The most amazing Spanish extra virgin olive oil.
6. A lovely dinner service by Zara Home.
7. This is my favourite item: a personalised house portrait. Isn’t it wonderful?
8. Vintage trunks to store all those tiny little memories: pictures, movie tickets, old postcards…
This is a guift guide for the gentlemen in our lives. Dads, grandfathers, brothers or husbands. Those men who are elegant and charming. They would like something sober, tasteful but practical. Here you have some ideas:
1. Gentlemen are elegant. That’s a fact. So you can surprise your gentleman with a lovely wool jacket with a slim modern cut. This one has the classic British touch.
2. The most amazing men fragance. A mix of grapefruit, pepper, geranium, vetiver, patchouli, pepper and grapefruit notes. It’s a clean and classy scent.
3. Harrods tangerine marmalade with orange liqueur. For a refined palate and slow paced breakfasts.
4. Penguin or reindeer wine racks designed by award winning desingner Choi Jinyoung of Conte Bleu. A perfect gift for a wine lover or as a main piece for the gentleman’s perfect bar cart.
5. Made to order personalised square map location cufflinks. Gentlemen always wear cufflinks and these ones can capture those cherished locations that hold an extra special memory.
6. For those who love photography, the Brixton camera bag would be the perfect gift. Made with a light wax finish that develops a rich patina over time, this bag will only get better with age. Just like a gentleman.
7. This book is addictive and inspiring. It explains the daily rituals and anecdotes of lots of artists. Ideal for the more bohemian gentlemen.
In the next few days we are going to post some little gift guides to help you find nice presents for your loved ones. Today we will start with the girls. Everyone knows a girly girl. It can be your niece, your cousin, your sister, your best friend, your girlfriend or yourself! Finding a great gift for these girls is usually super easy! They like almost everything from clothes, to accessories, make up or pretty things in general! But in case you don’t feel inspired, here you have some ideas:
1. This bag is super cute but it would also be perfect for a more rock-ish style girl.
2. Red and moisturised: those are the perfect lips. Give someone the possibility to get them with this lip tint.
3. There are a few things girlier than a Benefit product. This kit has some of the bestsellers from Benefit. It’s just great.
4. Almond oil for perfect skin. It’s a must to get that flawless, soft and smooth skin.
5. A French LBD can be the best surprise. Something she can wear for years.
6. The most amazing ring, which happens to be on sale until tomorrow at 8 a.m.!
7. The coolest coat. She will love it! It’s super fashionable this season.
8. The Man Repeller book. I haven’t read it but a super girly friend of mine loves it. And if she loves it, your girly girl would love it too. I think this is going to be my Christmas present to myself this year! ;)
We’ve never sent Christmas cards as a couple. It’s weird because we’ve been together for almost thirteen years and married for almost three years now so it was about time, huh? Some weeks ago I decided that this year not only would we send pretty Christmas cards to our friends and family, but also we would make them ourselves! I’m not a very crafty person, that is why I went for the easiest way possible. I am very proud of the result so I thought it would be nice to share the process with you.