I hate sports. It’s a fact. I’d love to love them… but I just don’t. Nevertheless, I have always practiced some kind of sport: I started with basketball. I’m 155 cm (5 feet) so it was… challenging. Not the best way to start my relationship with sports, I guess. Then I started going to the gym. Aerobic was huge back then, so aerobic it was. Then it was yoga. Then back to the treadmill and weights and finally… I discovered spinning. And I can proudly say that I’ve been practicing this sport three times a week for about 5 months now. And I like it because…
1. You are seated. I mean, for a lazy person like me that’s fantastic!
2. If you feel tired you can easily hide it. You just keep riding but with less intensity and little resistance. Nobody will notice… it’s not like in a boot camp when you fall down on the floor breathless and everyone keeps jumping. That’s obvious. Faking it in spinning is more discreet. I love that.
3. You sweat. A lot. Even if you are not making the most of it, you will sweat. And that will make you feel all sporty and a legit member of the class.
4. It boosts your energy levels. I have to admit that I used to hate people who claims that sport gives you more energy but… well it’s true-ish. Being able to finish a spinning class makes me feel proud of myself. And that makes me happy and that gives me an energy boost. But I can’t move my legs a couple of hours later so, not so energetic after all.
5. It’s a great excuse to listen to that horrendous loud music that you will never admit that you like.
6. After a spinning class I know that I won’t have to hit the gym the following day. And that’s a wonderful feeling: knowing that the next afternoon I will be on the sofa, out and about shopping or just enjoying life outside the gym…
Because I hate sports and that’s not going to change!
Today’s post is something different from everything we’ve done before. Today we are going to open up and speak about our creative process and how The slow pace works. Spotted Cow, one of the Wandering cows (and one of the nicest people we’ve met through the blog) asked us to participate in this project and we couldn’t say no. We don’t usually like this kind of things but since we all struggle to create content, I thought it would be really interesting to read about how creative minds work and share tips and bits. So this is going to be a looooong post. You better grab something to drink, cuddle up in your sofa and… let’s go!
Have you ever been to Formentera? We spent a couple of beautiful days in this peaceful and extremely gorgeous island three months ago. During our stay we discovered the most amazing beach, which became immediately our favourite beach in the world. It was not a hidden cove, actually it was very close to Ses Illetes, the most visited and photographed beach in Formentera, but it was almost empty, I would even say it was lonely. Just a few couples, a family over there… but it was so quiet and peaceful… and then we realized no one was wearing swimsuits. Yep. Nudist territory. Oh well, we laid out our towels to enjoy the most glorious day under the sun. But after a while I took off my swimsuit. Say what?
We are baaaack! After two weeks in Spain we feel like we need holidays to get over our holidays. We have no energy at all (Running after our nephew and niece on the beach was harder tan expected), we feel weird in Germany (Where are the bars? And the people? And the olive oil?) and we have so many things to do that we don’t know where to start (168 mails this morning. Seriously?). I have an article due on Monday and I haven’t even started, we haven’t posted since Friday, our house needs a serious make over… well, at least we have unpacked and the refrigerator is full.
We want to go back to our beloved/hated spinning clases this afternoon. Well, you know what? I’ve been attending these clases regularly for about three months now and I surprised my doctor: I haven’t lost a gram, nor have I gained any muscle. So what’s the point? I guess working out makes me go to sleep with a clear conscience. Please tell me that you work out and look like you don’t work out too. Or are you all like those people in Instagram with their amazing before/after pictures (Just four months? Really?) and #bodybyiza imposible exercises? Am I alone here?
Anyway, this week we have to work a little bit on the blog. We want a new lay out, new collaborations and brand new content. Because the new year is almost here with its resolutions! And yes, I’m talking about September. Am I the only one that feels that September is the new January? For me it is. So here we are: back from holidays, looking forward to Autumn. Every year it’s the same: tartan and velvet are back in September and so are my thoughts about loosing weight, write more and have a (more)wonderful life. Let’s see what happens…
In the meantime stay tuned for some travel diaries! I have made short videos! Now I have to fight with the video editor… I hope I win!!
Image via Nordstrom tumblr
We love Instagram. It’s a great place to be creative and admire other people’s creativity. (It is also a fantastic excuse for gossiping, but we won’t mention that, ehem). It was thanks to Instagram that we get to know Nicole’s work. She is an illustrator who lives in New York and makes the cutest cards.
The slow pace turns two years old today!!! Our blog is a toddler!!! We are really proud of this little space of ours. During this time we’ve learnt a lot and, what is more important, we’ve realized that we want and need to learn more, see more, write more, take more pictures… More, more, more!!!
We have big plans for The slow pace. We wanted it to grow slowly, carefully and happily. And that is happening every day. But we still have lots of work to do! We are determined to improve our content, our pictures and our browsing experience. We are preparing a very nice Summer travel series, we will be focusing a little bit more in decor and home entertainment, we will look for the coolest fashion brands and we will try to attend more courses and meetings to take The slow pace to another level.
We really hope to see you around every day and keep in touch via our social media!
P. & E.
PS: Follow THE SLOW PACE on Bloglovin, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
Image via Zucker, Zimt und Liebe.
Only Wednesday? Oh my! This week is neverending and super tough! We are struggling both work-wise (going back to work after more than two weeks of holidays is always a nightmare) and health-wise. The flu has hitted our little home, snif! But we have to get better because next weeks we are flying to London!
With this situation leaving home every morning is not easy. That is why I try to get motivated with music. It always helps, right? These are my top 3 let’s-kick-ass-(but-politely)-and-have-the-best-time-possible songs of the moment.
Happy by Pharrell Williams
Move in the right direction by Gossip
Roar by Katy Perry
None of them is the kind of song that makes you feel like Beyonce while walking to work, but they are positive and, well, basically happy songs! So if you are having a hard time lately, you should listen to them!
Any other let’s-kick-ass-(but-politely)-and-have-the-best-time-possible songs I should be aware of?
PS: follow The Slow Pace on Bloglovin, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Image via Dump a day.
Merry Christmas! We hope you are enjoying the holidays with your family and friends! That’s what we are doing and planning to do in the following days, so we have decided to take a little break from blogging. Anyway, we will keep you updated on Twitter and Instagram!
Lots of love from our family to yours! We wish you the best of times surrounded by your loved ones.
PS: see you next week! And remember that you can get a 5% off in the most fantastic pieces of the AB jewelery line until Monday with the code TSP2013!
Image via Julep
Today we share with you the last chapter of this year’s gift guide. And it’s dedicated to the little ones. We’ve put together a few items that would be great for kids… and for us too. I mean: how amazing are the Superman pyjamas and the baking kit?
1. This kit would be perfect for little bakers. It has all you need to make cookies even more delicious.
2. I used to love Walkie Talkies when I was a kid. These ones are super cool, right? Perfect for adventures in the garden!
3. Pyjamas with super powers to fight nightmares.
4. These personalised hairbrushes are a very special gift that kids will treasure when they grow up. The brush quality is a mixture of pure boar bristle and nylon or pure bristle. The pure bristle is perfect as a first hairbrush or for children with very fine hair.
5. Warm koala slipper boots for those tiny feet.
6. A Barbie. A ballerina Barbie, to be exact. Barbie is not the best role model, I know. But almost every little girl wants a pink Barbie who dances. Pink + Barbie + ballerina. That is everything.
PS: TSP gift guides for girls, gentlemen and couples.
Today we want to give you some ideas to get the perfect present for those lovely couples in your life. Sometimes two of your friends or two of your family members come as a pack: your cousin and his lovely girlfriend, those friends who are together since the beginning of times, your parents… Why not giving them a present that suits both of them?
1 & 2: two lovely sweaters for those cosy afternoons they love to spend at their favourite cafe. You can get these at The Kooples.
3 & 4: music or DVD box sets. Which couple doesn’t like cuddling up in the sofa while enjoying their favourite music or film? You can go for the classics: Beatles or James Bond.
5 & 6: Cooking and travelling together are the most popular hobbies for couples, so these books would be a great gift. Yesterday we shared a recipe of this book,Nigella Express, so you already know that we love it. And every traveller or foodie couple would love this book.
And since couples usually share a nest, help them to make theirs prettier!
1. A beautiful mirrow to light up their entry way.
2. A new old classic: the perfect armchair.
3. The most exquisite scents in this beautiful holiday coffret.
4. What about some little coffee cups? Perfect for Christmas breakfasts!
5. The most amazing Spanish extra virgin olive oil.
6. A lovely dinner service by Zara Home.
7. This is my favourite item: a personalised house portrait. Isn’t it wonderful?
8. Vintage trunks to store all those tiny little memories: pictures, movie tickets, old postcards…
PS: You can follow us on Bloglovin, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Looking forward to hearing from you! And we are on Pinterest too!