Next week we’ll be flying to Seville. We are really excited because we’ll be attending a fabulous wedding, we’ll be visiting friends and family, we’ll enjoy 35ºC and we’ll be eating tons of jamón and drinking litres of gazpacho. But we’ll have a 5 hours layover in our flight back. Aiuto! It was either that or adding a couple of connecting flights to our route. So 5 hours in Munich airport it is! Today we thought we could share with you our main hobbies to survive long layovers and maybe you could tell us yours?
1. Duty free attacks: as a confessed beauty addict, duty free shops are paradise on Earth to me. I could easily spend the five hours in Munich browsing and swatching my way through the counters.
2. Foreign magazines stravaganza: we love buying foreign magazines and spending hours reading and commenting all the articles and gorgeous pictures. Our favorites are Conde Nast Traveller (we’re subscribed to the UK edition, the best one in our opinion), Forbes and Elle.
3. Chocolate and coffee tasting: Combine the huge chocolate packages in the airport shops with the endless possibilities of (usually terrible) airport coffee and you’ll get some pretty decent treats. M&M’s affogato or Toblerone capuccino, for example.
4. Trying perfumes until you get dizzy. This could be dangerous when mixed with turbulences in your next flight, but it’s really fun.
5. Watching (almost) a full season of a TV series. I think this time we’ll be going for House of Cards… But I’d love to watch How to get away with murder again. Have you watched it? Isn’t it great? Oh, we’re so looking forward to season two!
What about you? Any tips or tricks to suvive #airportboredom?