Do you travel light or full of “what ifs”? We always carry everything with us. Everything. The result: sore backs, grumpy moods and uncomfortable travel. But not anymore!!! We are determined to travel smart. Since we are going away this weekend (more on that this afternoon, stay tuned!) we’ve prepared a “just the essentials” travel bag. Well, apart from our phones, chargers, wallets and wipes, ehem, this is all we will take with us:
1. A medium size cross body bag. Free hands, cute colour, nice leather. It ticks all the right boxes. We bought this one in Hakei, one of our favourite Spanish shops. They have the best leather and fantastic designs.
2. Our camera. In fact we usually take two cameras with us. This one is our Canon Powershot S120. It’s small, easy to use (well, I still have to learn a few tricks) and records video too.
3. A notebook and a pen. To write drown all things important. And scrawling, mostly.
4. Oil blotting papers. Planes are awful to our skin, that’s why we always end up with terrible dry patches or shining noses. Or both. These are perfect to touch up and feel all clean and pull together.
5. Mints. Obvious.
6. We don’t really like to wear proper make up during flights, but it’s always good to add a little bit of color and a tad of moisture to our poor dehydrated lips. For that, this lip balm is our favourite.
7. I don’t know about you, but travelling always leave me exhausted. I know, I know, how can I be tired after a few hours seated somewhere? But still. Dull face, yellow skin and, again, dry patches. So to pamper myself and feel a little bit like Victoria Beckham at the airport (that is, fabulous) I always take a travel size simple of my favourite face cream with me.
8. And finally, noise cancelling headphones. I know someone who gets really nervous without them…
What about you? Any travel essential?