Today we bring you our second suggestion for a different Valentine’s: the magic city of Budapest. We can’t deny it: we have chosen Budapest not only for its undeniable beauty, but also because of Wes Anderson’s latest creation. Have you seen his new movie? Anyway, we have been reading great things about Budapest lately and it seems to be in everyone’s lips. Lips – kisses – Valentine’s. Obviously!
Look for the athentic charming Budapest, its stunning architecture, local artists and historic baths.
– Enjoy music at the Budapest Opera House (Andrássy ut.) and the Liszt Museum (Vorosmarty ut.). Liszt is Budapest’s favourite son!
– Book a table at the Michelin starred restaurant Onyx.
– Wander through the cobblestone streets of the Buda Castle Hills.
– Walk along the Danube Promenade from the Elisabeth bridge to the Chain bridge. Cross it and enjoy the sunset.
– Grab something to eat at Culinaris.
– Admire the city at night.
-Budapest is a spa city with with a bathing culture dating back to Roman times and there are plenty of baths to choose. Look for the best architecture in the Gellert baths or discover the historic Turkish bath of Veli Bej (Árpád fejedelem ut.).
PS: Our last destination will be live tomorrow!