Now that the weather is cold and we spend most of our leisure time at home looking how it rains outside, we’ve been daydreaming about more appealing views. This is a selection of the best room views around the world. A girl can dream, right?
1. Hotel salto chico: a lodge located right at the heart of the extraordinary Torres del Paine National Park in central Patagonia. This lodge is places right on the banks of the Salto Chico waterfall. It affords an excellent view of the unique Paine Massif and two of the three impressive torres, or towers, which give the park its name.
2.Oberoi Amarvilas: this hotel can’t be more magical. Wake up to the glorious sight of the Taj Mahal, bathed by the first rays of dawn and enjoy her architectural perfection at night under the moonlight. Aladdin much?
3. Hotel Arts: Imaging waking up to the Mediterranean Sea, Barcelona’s famous beaches and lively promenades. Exceptional food, dynamic arts scene, rich architectural heritage… it’s Barcelona!
4. Banyantree: a luxury desert resort in the United Arab Emirates. At this resort you can experience the magical Arabian nights and the romance of living like the nomads… but with the possibility of enjoying the Asian-inspired hydrotherapy spa facilities, a dedicated nature reserve, and a private beach access at Banyan Tree Ras Al Khaimah Beach.
5. Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge: mere steps away from the ancient Inca citadel, this hotel is an ode to the region’s natural beauty. Adventure and comfort while enjoying spectacular views across Machu Picchu.
6. The Ritz Carlton Millenia: the best place In Singapore from which to marvel at the city’s skyline or explore the wonders of Marina Bay. If you get tired of the breathtaking views, you can always have a great time in its amazing swimming-pool.
7. The Sammling: Set in the heart of the Lake District, this hotel offers the most spectacular scenery and breathtaking views around every corner. Besides, the Samling has been awarded a Michelin Star in the 2014 guide and is the current holder of the “Best Boutique Dining hotel in the world” for 2013. So stunning views plus delicious food in the English countryside… What’s not to love?
8. Shangri-La hotel: views of the Eiffel Tower and the River Seine… No more words needed.
9. The Ritz Carlton Tokyo: one of the most dramatic skyscrapers in Tokyo which offers equally dramatic views: 360-degree panoramic vistas of Tokyo including Tokyo Tower and Mount Fuji. For a Lost in translation kind of experience…
10. Blanket Bay: Nestled amidst rugged snow capped peaks of the Southern Alps on the shores of Lake Wakatipu in New Zealand, Blanket Bay lodge claims to be the perfect palce to restore your physical and spiritual well-being.
So, which view is your favourite? I wouldn’t mind a cup of coffee next to that fire place in the last picture…