On Sundays we cook. We spent the morning in the kitchen trying new recipes, getting our hands dirty and having so much fun. Yesterday we put together what felt like a quite exotic menu. At least for us. Well, it had lots of spices and we served it in our pretty japanese dinner service. That’s as exotic as it can be around here ;)
We chose an Indian-ish cauliflower recipe as a starter and a lovely main dish made of prawns that reminded us of Japanese tempura. With parmesan. Prawns and parmesan? It sounds weird but it’s not. It’s delicious!
You can find the cauliflower recipe here. It’s full of flavour, super spicy and a little bit crunchy thanks to the smashed almonds.
Our main dish were crispy fragrant jumbo prawns. It’s another Jamie Oliver’s recipe. What can I say! We love his recipes. This one is super easy and the result is amazing. Here you have the instructions in 6 simple steps:
1. Preheat the oven to 220º.
2. Rub a baking try with olive oil and put it to one side.
3. Put 3 handful of breadcrubs into a bowl and add a handful of finely chopped fresh parsley leaves, some lemon zest, a glug of olive oil and a handful of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Mix it all up and lay the mixture on a tray to dry.
4. Toss the prawns (8 prawns serve 4 as a starter and two as a main course) in a small bowl of seasoned flour and shake off any excess. Now dip them into the egg (2 large eggs, cracked into a a bowl and whisked), letting any excess drip off.
5. Put the prawns on to the tray of breadcrumbs. Shake the tray to coat each prawn, you want them compeltely coated!
6. Finally, put the prawns on your oiled baking tray and bake them for about 10 minutes or until crispy and golden.
That’s all! When done, serve the prawns with a nice rocket salad with a fresh lemon dressing (basically olive oil, lemon juice and a touch of sea salt).
And that was our healthy Mediteranean / Indian-ish / Japanese (just because of the dinner service) Sunday menu!
PS. You can have a look at more recipes, restaurant reviews and all about food inspiration in our mmm… Mondays section!