I hate sports. It’s a fact. I’d love to love them… but I just don’t. Nevertheless, I have always practiced some kind of sport: I started with basketball. I’m 155 cm (5 feet) so it was… challenging. Not the best way to start my relationship with sports, I guess. Then I started going to the gym. Aerobic was huge back then, so aerobic it was. Then it was yoga. Then back to the treadmill and weights and finally… I discovered spinning. And I can proudly say that I’ve been practicing this sport three times a week for about 5 months now. And I like it because…
1. You are seated. I mean, for a lazy person like me that’s fantastic!
2. If you feel tired you can easily hide it. You just keep riding but with less intensity and little resistance. Nobody will notice… it’s not like in a boot camp when you fall down on the floor breathless and everyone keeps jumping. That’s obvious. Faking it in spinning is more discreet. I love that.
3. You sweat. A lot. Even if you are not making the most of it, you will sweat. And that will make you feel all sporty and a legit member of the class.
4. It boosts your energy levels. I have to admit that I used to hate people who claims that sport gives you more energy but… well it’s true-ish. Being able to finish a spinning class makes me feel proud of myself. And that makes me happy and that gives me an energy boost. But I can’t move my legs a couple of hours later so, not so energetic after all.
5. It’s a great excuse to listen to that horrendous loud music that you will never admit that you like.
6. After a spinning class I know that I won’t have to hit the gym the following day. And that’s a wonderful feeling: knowing that the next afternoon I will be on the sofa, out and about shopping or just enjoying life outside the gym…
Because I hate sports and that’s not going to change!
Madrid is one of the coolest cities of Europe. Maybe it’s not as obvious as Barcelona or Rotterdam… but its has a great cultural scene and super friendly vibes. New bars open every day in spite of the financial situation. Because Madrid wants to have fun. Always. So if you want to discover the coolest new spots in town to grab a bite and have a drink in style, keep reading.
We love natural make up. No make up make up. Barely there make up. And Bobbi Brown is the queen in that field. I remember buying a super natural but flattering Bobbi Brown gloss for my first job. I wanted to look nice but serious. It was one of my first attemps to look professional but still fresh and young. Oh, the things that we believe make up can do… Anyway! I’ve purchased two new products from Bobbi Brown recently and since then I’ve been wearing them non stop. Do you want to have a look? Continue reading
Seated in the porch, admiring the green landscape and listening to the cowbells jingling in the distance I think that this is the perfect destination. Whether you travel with children, solo, with a group of friends or your significant other, this valley will allow you to play hide and seek with reality. Continue reading
This grilled baby artichoke and asparagus salad with shrimp and Saffron Aioli requires a little bit of work, but it’s absolutely delicious. It’s a fabulous way to transition between Summer fresh salads and Autumn comfort food. You can find the original recipe in this book, but we’ve just made a few changes to make it a litle bit easier… because we are lazy sometimes!
Our last installment of our Charming Summer series is here. The season comes to an end but if you are lucky enough, you still have time to enjoy the last rays of sunshine in one of the most beautiful towns of Sicily: Modica.
Normcore… apparently that’s a trend now. Good news. Great news, actually. I mean, beeing normal is finally trendy! The Guardian calls it the next fashion movement and The New York Times asks whether it is a massive in-joke. Well, I don’t know, but weren’t these Moschino looks also joke? Sometimes I don’t get the irony of fashion… But the truth is that now we all get to be trendy without thinking too much. Just wear your jeans, tee and Converse and you’ll be an it girl. I’m feeling it right now!!! Isn’t that the absolute effortlessly cool?
With VIP Blogger Julie Sariñana working with /on flip flops this Summer (she was the face, or should I say feet? of Havaianas), mom jeans and sneakers all over the blogosphere, Normcore seems a reality. Maybe we have to thank the great minds of Silicon Valley, the financial crisis or the crazy world of fashion but hey, I’m all for this relaxed trend.
Now, those days when I feel pajamas-all-day but I have to go to the office, I just can wear the first thing that I find in my closet (but, really, the first thing: that usually is H&M jeans and an old black sweater) and I will be making a fashion statement! Isn’t that great? I’ve been a cool girl this whole time and I didn’t know it!!
What about you? Are you an it girl too? Meaning: are you wearing jeans and a tee just right now? We are SO cool!!!
PS: image via Harpers Bazaar
Even though the Autumn / Winter Lookbook on Whistles website is just a teaser with only a few looks, we have fallen in love (yet again) with its clean cuts, minimalistic silhouttes and monochromatic palette. Continue reading